DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Pakistan's future lies in democracy: Gilani
Gilani also said the government has made significant strides in fighting terrorism.
Islamabad: Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani said on Sunday that Pakistan's future lies in democracy and that parliament, the judiciary and the executive were on the same page to consolidate the country's democratic institutions.
In his message on Pakistan's 65th Independence Day, he also said the country has successfully taken on the challenge of terrorism and extremism in line with its national interest and global commitments, APP reported.
Gilani said as Pakistanis celebrate Independence Day with traditional zeal and zest, the country was up against multiple challenges.
He said the government has made significant strides in fighting terrorism.
He also said Pakistan was passing through a "defining phase" with many positive developments in the country.
The nation and its security forces have rendered huge sacrifices to protect the national identity and preserve the sovereignty of Pakistan against all odds, the prime minister stated.
"If we forge unity in our ranks, there is no reason why we cannot surmount the current challenges in line with the vision of (Pakistan's founder) Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah," he added.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings