Palande chargesheeted in Kakkad murder case
According to police, Vijay Palande and Simran Sood had befriended Kakkad to allegedly grab his property.
Mumbai: The Crime Branch of Mumbai Police on Tuesday filed a chargesheet against gangster Vijay Palande in connection with the kidnapping and murder case of the aspiring producer Karan Kumar Kakkad.
Sources in the Crime Branch said the 1,042-page charge sheet was filed against Palande, his wife and model Simran Sood and another accused Dhananjay Shinde.
"The charge sheet also consists of the statement of 105 witnesses, besides medical and forensic evidences against the trio," a source said.
According to police, Sood and Palande had befriended Kakkad to allegedly grab his property. Police also said that later, Palande came to know that Kakkad was into cricket betting and had lost Rs 2 crore and Palande and others hatched conspiracy to eliminate him and usurp his property.
Police said after Palande was arrested in the murder case of Delhi-based businessman Arun Kumar Tikku, he revealed that he had killed Kakkad.
According to the police theory, Palande had become friends with Anuj, son of the Tikku couple. He had plans to take over the family's flats which were in the name of Anuj.
However, he saw the plan failing when Arun flew down to Mumbai from Delhi and threw two persons, who Palande had kept in the flat after making Anuj sign a two-year lease and license agreement with a German woman.
On the fateful day, while Palande took Anuj to Goa in his Mercedes Benz, Manoj and Dhananjay brutally murdered Arun.
Further, according to the police, during interrogation in the Tikku murder case, Palande confessed that he killed Kakkad and dumped his body somewhere outside the Mumbai's outskirts.
Police later recovered the decomposed body parts of Kakkad from the forests at Kumbharli Ghat in Chiplun near Mumbai. Money and some personal reasons led Palande to kill Kakkad, they said.
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- SP's Abu Azmi Lashes Out at Amar Singh, Blames him For Crisis in Party
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan