Pallikal jumps one place in world squash rankings
Ace Indian squash player Dipika Pallikal reached a career-high world ranking of 19 on Monday.
New Delhi: Following her title triumph in the WISPA Dread Series 2 tournament in Washington recently, ace Indian squash player Dipika Pallikal reached a career-high world ranking of 19 on Monday.
Pallikal faced stiff resistance from England's Sarah-Jane Perry before prevailing 11-9 11-3 11-7 in the final to win the Dread Series 2 tournament in Washington.
The Chennai girl showed good form throughout the championship and won it without conceding a set to secure her second title of the year.
The 20-year-old recently became the first Indian to break into top-20 in the world rankings, following her title win at the Orange County tournament in California last month.
Nicol David of Malaysia leads the ranking.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion