Pallikal jumps one place in world squash rankings
Ace Indian squash player Dipika Pallikal reached a career-high world ranking of 19 on Monday.
New Delhi: Following her title triumph in the WISPA Dread Series 2 tournament in Washington recently, ace Indian squash player Dipika Pallikal reached a career-high world ranking of 19 on Monday.
Pallikal faced stiff resistance from England's Sarah-Jane Perry before prevailing 11-9 11-3 11-7 in the final to win the Dread Series 2 tournament in Washington.
The Chennai girl showed good form throughout the championship and won it without conceding a set to secure her second title of the year.
The 20-year-old recently became the first Indian to break into top-20 in the world rankings, following her title win at the Orange County tournament in California last month.
Nicol David of Malaysia leads the ranking.
- United Nations Should Declare Pakistan a Terror State: Bangladesh Envoy
- SAARC: After India, Afghanistan, Bhutan, Bangladesh Pull Out of Summit
- Resolve Differences Through Diplomacy: US to India, Pakistan
- India Pulls Out of Saarc Meet, is Pakistan's Isolation Complete?
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resign as English Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming