Pandava Puja in Hyderabad-Karnataka
GULBARGA: Though it appears peculiar, many families in Hyderabad-Karnataka region perform Pandava Puja on the day of Naraka ..
GULBARGA: Though it appears peculiar, many families in Hyderabad-Karnataka region perform Pandava Puja on the day of Naraka Chaturdashi (a day before the Deepavali Amavasya) and blast the mud made idol of demon.
Family members prepare the cottage and idols of Pandavas in the mud in the compound of their houses and also prepare the idol of a demon and keep it in lying position outside the compound of the cottage.
The surrounding place would be decorated by colourful Rangolis and planting artificial trees.
The head of the family performs puja to the idols of Pandavas, including the idol of the deity Krishna and also to the idol of the demon.
After offering prayers and Naividya, the idol of the demon is blasted by keeping the crackers on its stomach. The children burst crackers inside the compound of the house to celebrate the death of demon.
After observing these rituals, the family members have the festival feast.
According to Srihari, head of a family which observes this ritual, Pandavas started the battle with Kauravas on the day of Maha Navami and won it on the day of Naraka Chaturdashi.
Pandava Puja is performed on Naraka Chaturdashi to celebrate the victory of Pandavas over Kauravas.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1