Panel to look into sexual harassment allegations at AIR office
I&B Minister Manish Tewari said the complaints of the news presenters will be looked into by a committee.
New Delhi: The Information and Broadcasting Ministry has constituted a committee to look into allegations of sexual harassment at an All India Radio channel office made by some news presenters. The panel will submit its findings within three days.
In a statement, the ministry said that on the directions of Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari, the committee will look into the allegations made by the news presenters, represented by AIR Broadcasting Professionals Association (AIRBPA) at FM Gold AIR.
"The Committee has been constituted in the light of a report appearing in certain sections of the press alleging sexual harassment at FM Gold AIR. The Committee will be headed by an officer of the level of Joint Secretary along with two other senior lady officers," the statement said.
"The committee shall look into the specific allegation made by the radio presenters of FM Gold, AIR, represented by AIRBPA. The committee shall look into the issues relating to safety at workplace of women employees working in FM Gold, AIR," it said.
The Committee shall submit its report within 3 days of its constitution, the ministry added.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology