Pappu Yadav breaks his fast after Anna
Pappu Yadav had launched an indefinite fast on Tuesday to support social activist Anna Hazare.
Patna: Former MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav, facing a life term in CPI-M MLA Ajit Sarkar murder case, broke his fast by drinking lemon water offered by Beur Jail Superintendent O P Gupta, official sources said.
Pappu Yadav had launched an indefinite fast on Tuesday to support social activist Anna Hazare's demand for bringing a comprehensive Lokpal Bill to weed out corruption.
Yadav who continued his fast in the high security Beur jail till Saturday morning, broke the fast after Anna Hazare ended his stir, jail authorities said.
Some prisoners who too were on a fast-unto-death in support of the demand ended their agitation after the gazette notification for constitution of the committee.
A team of medical experts examined Pappu Yadav at the jail, they said.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Which Visiting Spinner's Performance in India Has Been the Best?