'Paradesi' gathers Rs 4.86 cr in its opening weekend
At the recently announced 60th National Awards, 'Paradesi' pocketed one award for the best costumes.
Chennai: Critically acclaimed Tamil period-drama 'Paradesi' raked in Rs 4.86 crore in its opening weekend in Tamil Nadu.
"The Rs 40 crore budget film collected approximately Rs 4.86 crore in its opening weekend in Tamil Nadu," trade analyst Trinath told IANS.
Directed by Bala Pazhanisaamy, 'Paradesi' is based on the novel 'Red Tea'. It narrates the sufferings of tea plantation workers of pre-independent India.
The film features Atharva Murali, Vedhika Kumar and Dhansika in the lead roles. It released all over March 15.
Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap bought the distribution rights and released the film in north and central India. It was released with English subtitles.
At the recently announced 60th National Awards, 'Paradesi' pocketed one award for the best costumes by Poornima Ramaswamy.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance