'Paradesi' gathers Rs 4.86 cr in its opening weekend
At the recently announced 60th National Awards, 'Paradesi' pocketed one award for the best costumes.
Chennai: Critically acclaimed Tamil period-drama 'Paradesi' raked in Rs 4.86 crore in its opening weekend in Tamil Nadu.
"The Rs 40 crore budget film collected approximately Rs 4.86 crore in its opening weekend in Tamil Nadu," trade analyst Trinath told IANS.
Directed by Bala Pazhanisaamy, 'Paradesi' is based on the novel 'Red Tea'. It narrates the sufferings of tea plantation workers of pre-independent India.
The film features Atharva Murali, Vedhika Kumar and Dhansika in the lead roles. It released all over March 15.
Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap bought the distribution rights and released the film in north and central India. It was released with English subtitles.
At the recently announced 60th National Awards, 'Paradesi' pocketed one award for the best costumes by Poornima Ramaswamy.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life