DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'Paradesi' gathers Rs 4.86 cr in its opening weekend
At the recently announced 60th National Awards, 'Paradesi' pocketed one award for the best costumes.
Chennai: Critically acclaimed Tamil period-drama 'Paradesi' raked in Rs 4.86 crore in its opening weekend in Tamil Nadu.
"The Rs 40 crore budget film collected approximately Rs 4.86 crore in its opening weekend in Tamil Nadu," trade analyst Trinath told IANS.
Directed by Bala Pazhanisaamy, 'Paradesi' is based on the novel 'Red Tea'. It narrates the sufferings of tea plantation workers of pre-independent India.
The film features Atharva Murali, Vedhika Kumar and Dhansika in the lead roles. It released all over March 15.
Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap bought the distribution rights and released the film in north and central India. It was released with English subtitles.
At the recently announced 60th National Awards, 'Paradesi' pocketed one award for the best costumes by Poornima Ramaswamy.
Recommended For You
- England vs South Africa Live Score: Rabada Demolishes Hosts for 153
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan