Parineeti chooses Sushant Singh Rajput over Akshay
Aditya Chopra has refused the idea of Parineeti working in a film outside the YRF banner.
Mumbai: While Ranveer Singh has happily signed films outside the Yash Raj banner, his 'Ladies v/s Ricky Bahl' co-star Parineeti Chopra seems tied down by a binding contract that doesn't give her the same freedom. It is being said that Parineeti was very keen to sign for the Hindi remake of Tamil blockbuster 'Thuppakki', directed by A. Murugadoss. She was offered the film by producer Vipul Shah on behalf of director.
Apparently, the Hindi version's lead actor Akshay Kumar was also interested in getting her on board for the project, but Yash Raj Films wouldn't release Parineeti to do the project, as she is bound by contract.
Aditya Chopra has refused the idea of Parineeti working in a film outside the YRF banner, when she is shooting for their new film with director Maneesh Sharma opposite Sushant Singh Rajput.
Akshay also intervened in the hope of some flexibility in Parineeti's schedule, but to no avail and hence Sonakshi Sinha was signed on.
Confirming this, director A. Murugadoss said, "We tried really hard for Parineeti. But she was committed by contract to a project with Yash Raj Films."
Interestingly, Vipul Shah's schedules for the 'Thuppakki' remake don't clash with the Maneesh Sharma film at all.
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- BSF Says 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist Killed in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border