Kolkata: 3 accused in Park Street case charged with gangrape
Two of the accused have also been charged with criminal conspiracy, common intent and criminal intimidation.
Kolkata: A fast-track sessions court in Kolkata has framed charges against all three accused in the Park Street rape case. Two of the accused have been charged with gangrape, criminal conspiracy, common intent and criminal intimidation.
The third accused has been charged only with gangrape. The case has been adjourned till March 2.
Meanwhile, the other two accused in the case were still absconding. A 37-year-old woman, who is a mother of two, was allegedly raped at gunpoint in a moving car on February 5, 2012. The woman claimed that she was offered a lift by the men, whom she befriended at a nightclub the same night.
She had managed to track down the culprits on a social networking website and had taken snapshots of their photographs to file a complaint against them. The police managed to crack the case with the help of a CCTV footage from outside Park Hotel which showed the woman getting inside the car with the men, as was originally claimed by the victim.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310: This is How The Remodeled Unit Will Look Like
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines