DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kolkata: 3 accused in Park Street case charged with gangrape
Two of the accused have also been charged with criminal conspiracy, common intent and criminal intimidation.
Kolkata: A fast-track sessions court in Kolkata has framed charges against all three accused in the Park Street rape case. Two of the accused have been charged with gangrape, criminal conspiracy, common intent and criminal intimidation.
The third accused has been charged only with gangrape. The case has been adjourned till March 2.
Meanwhile, the other two accused in the case were still absconding. A 37-year-old woman, who is a mother of two, was allegedly raped at gunpoint in a moving car on February 5, 2012. The woman claimed that she was offered a lift by the men, whom she befriended at a nightclub the same night.
She had managed to track down the culprits on a social networking website and had taken snapshots of their photographs to file a complaint against them. The police managed to crack the case with the help of a CCTV footage from outside Park Hotel which showed the woman getting inside the car with the men, as was originally claimed by the victim.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Andy Murray Struggles With Illness on French Open Eve: Reports
- Champions Trophy: No Room for Mistakes, Says Kane Williamson
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere