With the Opposition making it a point that Prime Minister Narendra Modi explain the rationale behind the demonetisation in the House, it is expected that the latter may oblige them. The PM is likely to speak in the House today.
The Opposition held a Jan Aakrosh Rally on Monday to press home the point.
Stay tuned for Live updates
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley leads Government charge in Parliament
* The government has taken many steps to tackle black money and corruption. Our IDS scheme was a great success.
* We brought the amendments to the IT bill post 8th Nov.
* The amendments include tax rates for the undisclosed amounts that were being deposited in banks.
* Government has taken steps to fight graft.
* The amendments in the IT act will allow illegal money lying with the rich to be used for the benefit of the poor
READ: Pradan Baruah Takes Oath as Lok Sabha Member
Newly elected BJP MP from Assam Pradan Baruah on Tuesday took oath as Lok Sabha member.
Sub Committee meet on promotion of cashless economy to be held on 2nd Dec under chairmanship of Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu: Sources— ANI (@ANI_news) November 29, 2016
READ: Narendra Modi asks all BJP MPs, MLAs to Submit Bank Account Details
PM Modi has asked all Bharatiya Janata Party MPs and MLAs to submit details of their bank account transactions from November 8 onwards, the day demonetisation was announced.
14 - 17 Jul, 2017 | Basil D'Oliveira Trophy SA vs ENG 335/1096.2 overs 205/1051.5 oversSouth Africa beat England by 340 runs
14 - 18 Jul, 2017 | Zimbabwe in Sri Lanka ZIM vs SL 356/1094.4 overs 346/10102.3 oversSri Lanka beat Zimbabwe by 4 wickets
10 Jul, 2017 | Zimbabwe in Sri Lanka SL vs ZIM 203/850.0 overs 204/738.1 oversZimbabwe beat Sri Lanka by 3 wickets
09 Jul, 2017 | India in West Indies IND vs WI 190/620.0 overs 194/118.3 oversWest Indies beat India by 9 wickets
08 Jul, 2017 | Zimbabwe in Sri Lanka SL vs ZIM 300/650.0 overs 219/629.2 oversZimbabwe beat Sri Lanka by 4 wickets (D/L method)