With the Opposition making it a point that Prime Minister Narendra Modi explain the rationale behind the demonetisation in the House, it is expected that the latter may oblige them. The PM is likely to speak in the House today.
The Opposition held a Jan Aakrosh Rally on Monday to press home the point.
Stay tuned for Live updates
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley leads Government charge in Parliament
* The government has taken many steps to tackle black money and corruption. Our IDS scheme was a great success.
* We brought the amendments to the IT bill post 8th Nov.
* The amendments include tax rates for the undisclosed amounts that were being deposited in banks.
* Government has taken steps to fight graft.
* The amendments in the IT act will allow illegal money lying with the rich to be used for the benefit of the poor
READ: Pradan Baruah Takes Oath as Lok Sabha Member
Newly elected BJP MP from Assam Pradan Baruah on Tuesday took oath as Lok Sabha member.
Sub Committee meet on promotion of cashless economy to be held on 2nd Dec under chairmanship of Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu: Sources— ANI (@ANI_news) November 29, 2016
READ: Narendra Modi asks all BJP MPs, MLAs to Submit Bank Account Details
PM Modi has asked all Bharatiya Janata Party MPs and MLAs to submit details of their bank account transactions from November 8 onwards, the day demonetisation was announced.
21 Jan, 2018 | Bangladesh Tri-Nation Series ZIM vs SL 198/1044.0 overs 202/544.5 oversSri Lanka beat Zimbabwe by 5 wickets
21 Jan, 2018 | Tri-Series in UAE SCO vs UAE 249/850.0 overs 218/1046.3 oversScotland beat United Arab Emirates by 31 runs
21 Jan, 2018 | England in Australia ENG vs AUS 302/650.0 overs 286/650.0 oversEngland beat Australia by 16 runs
19 Jan, 2018 | Bangladesh Tri-Nation Series BAN vs SL 320/750.0 overs 157/1032.2 oversBangladesh beat Sri Lanka by 163 runs
19 Jan, 2018 | England in Australia AUS vs ENG 270/950.0 overs 274/644.2 oversEngland beat Australia by 4 wickets