With the Opposition making it a point that Prime Minister Narendra Modi explain the rationale behind the demonetisation in the House, it is expected that the latter may oblige them. The PM is likely to speak in the House today.
The Opposition held a Jan Aakrosh Rally on Monday to press home the point.
Stay tuned for Live updates
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley leads Government charge in Parliament
* The government has taken many steps to tackle black money and corruption. Our IDS scheme was a great success.
* We brought the amendments to the IT bill post 8th Nov.
* The amendments include tax rates for the undisclosed amounts that were being deposited in banks.
* Government has taken steps to fight graft.
* The amendments in the IT act will allow illegal money lying with the rich to be used for the benefit of the poor
READ: Pradan Baruah Takes Oath as Lok Sabha Member
Newly elected BJP MP from Assam Pradan Baruah on Tuesday took oath as Lok Sabha member.
Sub Committee meet on promotion of cashless economy to be held on 2nd Dec under chairmanship of Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu: Sources— ANI (@ANI_news) November 29, 2016
READ: Narendra Modi asks all BJP MPs, MLAs to Submit Bank Account Details
PM Modi has asked all Bharatiya Janata Party MPs and MLAs to submit details of their bank account transactions from November 8 onwards, the day demonetisation was announced.
24 Nov, 2017 | Papua New Guinea and Scotland in UAE PNG vs SCO 147/1044.2 overs 148/438.1 oversScotland beat Papua New Guinea by 6 wickets
16 - 20 Nov, 2017 | Sri Lanka in India IND vs SL 172/1059.3 overs 294/1083.4 oversIndia drew with Sri Lanka
07 Nov, 2017 | New Zealand in India IND vs NZ 67/58.0 overs 61/68.0 oversIndia beat New Zealand by 6 runs
04 Nov, 2017 | New Zealand in India NZ vs IND 196/220.0 overs 156/720.0 oversNew Zealand beat India by 40 runs
01 Nov, 2017 | New Zealand in India IND vs NZ 202/320.0 overs 149/820.0 oversIndia beat New Zealand by 53 runs