Juhu rave party case: SA cricketer Wayne Parnell surrenders, given bail
Parnell had not joined his IPL team Pune Warriors yet but he should be able to do so after his bail on Monday.
Mumbai: South African cricket player Wayne Parnell who was a wanted accused in the Juhu 'rave party' case, on Monday surrendered before a local court and was immediately granted bail for Rs 10,000. He had earlier been shown as a wanted accused in the chargesheet of the case. Parnell hadn't joined his IPL team Pune Warriors yet but he should be able to do so after his bail on Monday.
Last month, the Special NDPS court had given a copy of the chargesheet filed in the case to the accused, including Pune Warriors IPL cricketer Rahul Sharma and actor couple Apoorva Agnihotri and Shilpa Agnihotri. Mumbai Police had on March 6 filed the chargesheet in the case after which the court had summoned all the accused. Sharma and the actor couple, along with others, had been rounded up after a raid on a suburban hotel.
Police had conducted a raid in May last year on a party at a hotel in suburban Juhu, where drugs were allegedly being consumed, and rounded up around 86 persons. They filed a 1,200-page chargesheet against 86 people while 35 accused, mostly foreigners, were shown as wanted, a police official had earlier said. The wanted accused included foreigners who left the country after the medical examination. The chargesheet named Vishay Handa, the Director of the hotel, DJs Deepesh Sharma and Rakesh Sharma, Agnihotris, and Sharma, among others.
Rahul Sharma had already been granted bail and has played both games so far for Pune this season.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- Rampant Borussia Dortmund Will Put Stuttering Real Madrid to the Test
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead