Pastor Maldonado hopes to fix problems in Malaysia
The Venezuela driver was billed as a rising star but had a forgettable time in the season-opening Australian Grand Prix.
Kuala Lumpur: After a weekend to forget in Australia, Pastor Maldonado must be wondering when he might win his second Formula One Grand Prix.
The Venezuela driver was billed as a rising star after winning in Spain last year to give Williams its first victory since 2004. But everything went wrong after that, from mechanical problems to a collision at the European Grand Prix with Lewis Hamilton that cost Maldonado a podium spot. The team finished a lowly eighth in the constructors' championship. Williams' 2013 car was supposed to be more consistent.
But as he prepares for the Malaysian GP this weekend, Maldonado concedes he was "more off the track than on" in the season-opening race at Melbourne, where he spun out after only 24 laps.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Big Player Battles to Watch Out for
- Poll: Which Is the Best Vishal Bhardwaj Film Till Date?
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Beauty and The Beast: Emma Watson Brings New Charisma in the Classic Song
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models