DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Patil sworn in as new Karnataka Lokayukta
Justice Shivaraj V Patil succeeds Santosh Hegde, whose term as Lokayukta ended on Tuesday.
Bangalore: Former Supreme Court judge Shivaraj V Patil was on Wednesday sworn in as new Karnataka Lokayukta by Governor H R Bhardwaj. Retired Karnataka High Court judge R Gurarajan was also sworn in as new Upalokayukta at a function in Raj Bhavan.
Patil succeeds Santosh Hegde, whose term as Lokayukta ended on Tuesday.
Earlier, Shivaraj Patil had probed the procedures followed in allocation of telecom spectrum in 2001-09 following the 2G spectrum scandal.
He also served as Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court, as well as the Acting Chairman of the National Human Rights Commission.
Those present on the occasion included outgoing chief minister BS Yeddyurappa, Home Minister VS Acharya, former Karnataka Lokayukta Santosh Hegde, Upalokayukta SB Majage, DGP Neelam Achutha Rao and Chief Secretary SV Ranganath.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet