Patna HC stays arrest warrant against Nirmal Baba
Complainant Rakesh Kumar Singh has alleged that the Baba forced him to pay Rs 1,000 on promise of fame and fortune.
Patna: The Patna High Court on Wednesday stayed the operation of the non-bailable arrest warrant issued by a Araria court against self-proclaimed godman Nirmal Baba.
Justice SP Singh passed the order and fixed June 16 as the next date for hearing.
The High Court had on Tuesday reserved its order on Nirmal Baba's plea challenging the legality of the non-bailable warrant of arrest issued by the Araria court.
The Araria court had issued the non-bailable arrest warrant against Nirmal Baba on Saturday on the basis of an FIR filed on April 21 by complainant Rakesh Kumar Singh, who alleged the Baba forced him to pay Rs 1,000 in three installments between January and March 2011 on promise of fame and fortune.
According to Araria Superintendent of Police Shivdeep Lande, the accusation was found prima facie true following which he directed the investigating officer to move the court and seek a warrant of arrest.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw