Patna: Power board employees cut supply after clash with police
The Patna electricity board employees are reportedly planning an indefinite strike.
Patna: There is major power crisis in Patna after employees of the Bihar electricity board cut power supply to the entire city. This after some electricity board employees were beaten up and arrested by the Patna police.
The employees are reportedly planning an indefinite strike. The agitation by power board employees, including pensioners on various demands, went violent when the protesters started pelting stones on main Bailey road, City Superintendent of Police Jay Kant said. He said when all request to maintain peace failed, police had to use mild force.
Nearly 18 people, including 10 policemen, were injured when agitating Bihar Power Board employees clashed with the police.
Members of 17 unions of the Bihar State Power Board, which has now been divided into separate companies, were agitating on the main gate of the office since Friday morning on service related matters.
(With additional information from PTI)
- Had Opposed MNS's Rs 5 Crore Demand in Meeting: Fadnavis
- Philippines' Duterte Sparking Distress Around the World, Says US
- OnePlus Diwali Dash Sale Live: Win OnePlus 3 at Re 1
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Controversy: Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis
- Celebrities Send Diwali Greetings To Jawans Following PM Modi's #Sandesh2Soldiers Campaign
- Case Registered Against Man for Posting Objectionable Photo of PM Modi
- Cyrus Mistry Says 'No Basis' to Speculation on Litigation, Tata Hints New Leadership Soon
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor