Penelope in Rome to work on Woody Allen film
The actress is currently shooting for Woody's film, 'The Bop Decameron'
Rome: Spanish actress Penelope Cruz arrived in Rome on Thursday to start work on The Bop Decameron, a new Woody Allen comedy.
"I'm really happy to be in Rome and to shoot a film with Woody Allen," said the actress who arrived with her six-month-old son Leo and two bodyguards.
Cruz won a Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her turn as an unstable artist in the 2008 Allen film Vicky Cristina Barcelona. While filming that earlier project, she began dating fellow Spaniard and Oscar winner Javier Bardem, and the two wed last year.
Other cast members of The Bop Decameron, Allen's 42nd film, include Italian actors Roberto Benigni, Antonio Albanese and Riccardo Scamarcio and Americans Alec Baldwin and Jesse Eisenberg.
Filming is scheduled to start next week and conclude at the end of August. The movie, which will be a contemporary take on Giovanni Boccaccio's 14th-century story collection "The Decameron" and consist of four vignettes, is scheduled to be released in 2012.
The American director and native New Yorker presented his work plan Wednesday at the Rome city hall, telling Mayor Gianni Alemanno that Rome is the world's most romantic city, outdistancing even New York or Barcelona.
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- India can Produce up to 492 nuclear Bombs, Claims Pakistan Think-tank
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Kill 24 Maoists
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor