People losing confidence in judicial system: Legal experts
The Chief Justice of Andhra HC said governments in India have failed to provide the judiciary with the required infrastructure to establish courts and deliver speedy justice to litigants.
Kadapa: Expressing anguish over decreasing values in judiciary, legal experts on Friday said people are losing faith in the system. "Values in the judiciary, from lower courts to Supreme Court, are sliding and people are losing faith in the system," Kadapa district Justice CV Nagarjuna Reddy said.
Acting Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh High Court Justice NV Ramana said governments in India have failed to provide the judiciary with the required infrastructure to establish courts and deliver speedy justice to litigants.
"Once people lose confidence in the judiciary due to its abnormal delay in delivering justice, the system will collapse," Reddy said.
The legal experts were addressing a 'Mega Lok Adalat' organised by Kadapa district judicial officers at Rayachoty. However, Ramana said, though values in the judiciary are sliding, it is the only system which protects democracy and rights of the people.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"