Bomb blast in Peshawar, 7 including 5 cops killed
Police are suspecting it to be a suicide bomb attack.
Peshawar: Seven people, including five policemen, were killed on Saturday when a suspected car bomb hit a police van on the outskirts of the northwestern Pakistani city of Peshawar, police said.
''A white car was parked by the road and as the police van passed, it blew up,'' said a police officer, who gave his name as Granullah. Another officer said it could have been a suicide bomb attack.
Police earlier said six policemen had been killed.
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Despite Bleak Electoral Map, Donald Trump Says, 'We Are Winning'
- Triple Talaq a Religious Issue, PM Has No Right to Intervene: AIMPLB's Jilani
- People Celebrated Choti Diwali After Surgical Strikes, says PM Modi
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- PM Modi Bats for Women's Rights, Wants Practice of Triple Talaq to go