DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Petition against Harsha Gupta dismissed
BANGALORE: The High Court on Thursday dismissed the writ petition seeking Rs 2.5 crore as compensation from former Mysore DC Harsh..
BANGALORE: The High Court on Thursday dismissed the writ petition seeking Rs 2.5 crore as compensation from former Mysore DC Harsha Gupta for demolishing a portion of Planet X amusement park and advised the petitioner to approach the civil court. Justice Shylendra Kumar observed that the order passed by the DC is not a non-speaking order and there are two reports stating that the petitioner had encroached the land.
The action of the DC in hastily demolishing the portions of the resort is bad in law.
The writ jurisdiction of this court cannot be exercised to examine the veracity or to award compensation as sought by the petitioner.
The owners of Planet X amusement park in Mysore had filed a writ petition challenging the demolition of some portion of their resort, which was allegedly built by them on the encroached land by the former Mysore DC.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand