Petition seeking FIR against Anil Kumble
Jagirdar alleged that Anil Kumble had forged his signature to obtain passport for his stepdaughter.
Bangalore: The former husband of cricketer Anil Kumble's wife on Thursday moved the Karnataka High Court seeking a direction to police to file a FIR against Kumble for allegedly forging his signature to obtain passport for his stepdaughter.
In his petition Jagirdar, who has been engaged in a legal battle with his former wife Chetana, contended that Kumble had "impersonated" him though his name has been mentioned as "father" in the passport and signed the documents misleading the passport authorities.
Aaruni, born to Chetana and Jagirdar, lives with her mother and Kumble.
The petitioner said the police have not registered an FIR on his complaint filed on December 26 last year.
Jagirdar in his complaint stated that despite a Supreme Court judgment, which gave joint guardianship of his daughter in the year 2004, Kumble and Chetana went ahead to apply for a passport with a forged signature.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology