Petrol and Diesel Prices Hiked
In response to global prices and currency fluctuations, the three state-owned oil marketing companies (OMCs) have decided to increase the price of petrol and diesel from midnight Saturday.
Representative image (Courtesy: AP)
Mumbai: In response to global prices and currency fluctuations, the three state-owned oil marketing companies (OMCs) have decided to increase the price of petrol and diesel from midnight Saturday.
According to Indian Oil Corporation (IOC), petrol price will be increased by Rs 1.34 per litre excluding state levies, whereas diesel would become expensive by Rs 2.37 per litre.
"The current level of international product prices of petrol and diesel and INR-USD exchange rate warrant increase in selling price of petrol and diesel, the impact of which is being passed on to the consumers with this price revision," IOC said in a statement.
"The movement of prices in the international oil market and INR-USD exchange rate shall continue to be monitored closely and developing trends of the market will be reflected in future price changes."
The new prices of non-branded petrol in metros like New Delhi would come to Rs 66.45 per litre, Kolkata Rs 69.08, Mumbai Rs 72.83 and Chennai Rs 65.96.
The revised prices of non-branded diesel in New Delhi would come to Rs 55.38 per litre, Kolkata Rs 57.64, Mumbai Rs 61.05 and Chennai Rs 56.95.
- Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety: Is The Misogyny Served Worth Your Money?
- Now Showing: Masand's Verdict On Welcome To New York, Sonu Ke Tittu Ki Sweety & Three Billboards
- Udaipur Music Festival: Music, As Explained By The Artistes From Across The Globe
- Maldives Emergency : India Appears to be Losing Ground to China in the Indian Ocean | World In Flux
Recommended For You
- Raveena Tandon, Gauhar Khan, Other Bollywood Celebrities Slam Papon
- Three Billboards Review: Frances McDormand-Starrer Is A Clever, Gripping Film You Don't Want To Miss
- Just Relief and Joy, Says Eugenie Bouchard After Locker Room Case is Settled
- Taimur and Inaaya's Viral Picture is a Treat We Deserve on Weekend!
- Kareena Looks Stunning in a Black Saree as She Attends Bengaluru International Film Festival; See Pics