Petrol price cut by 56 paise per litre
Petrol price was last revised by the oil manufacturing companies on July 24 when it was raised by 70 paise.
New Delhi: The Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has cut the price of petrol by 56 paise per litre. The reduction in petrol price has come amid criticism being faced by the UPA government over the hike in diesel prices and cap on subsidised LPG cylinders.
Petrol price was last revised on July 24 when it was raised by 70 paise. It was last cut on June 3 when rates were reduced by Rs 2.02 per litre.
This comes almost a month after the government had hiked the price of diesel by Rs 5 per litre. The move by the government was criticised by opposition parties as well as the allies. The Trinamool Congress even walked out of the ruling coalition over the issue.
The government had in September spared an increase in petrol price by cutting excise duty of Rs 5.50 per litre.
Recommended For You
- Hacking Twitter's SecurityTwitter Hack: 10 Important Steps to Keep Your Account Safe
- BLOCKBUSTER CLASHEl Clasico: Barcelona Desperate to Break Real Madrid's Unbeaten Streak
- SnapshotVirat Kohli, Anushka Sharma Attend Yuvraj Singh's Wedding in Goa
- Puskas Award 2016Malaysia Player Beats Messi, Neymar to FIFA Shortlist
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet