Petrol price hike: BJP, SP workers demonstrate
A dharna was organised at the busy civil lines crossing by BJP members.
Allahabad: The steep rise in petrol price drew vehement protests on Sunday with Samajwadi Party disrupting rail traffic and BJP staging a dharna to register their disapproval against the hike.
Workers of the Samajwadi Yuvjan Sabha, the youth wing of Mulayam Singh Yadav's party, squatted on the tracks blocking the movement of Lucknow-bound Ganga Gomti Express.
The train resumed it's journey after nearly an hour when GRP personnel arrived at the spot and chased away the protesters.
Meanwhile, a dharna was organised at the busy civil lines crossing by BJP members, led by former state minister and MLA Narendra Kumar Singh Gaur.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever