Phone romance goes sour as 'boyfriend' turns out 67-yr-old
The man told police that he was speaking to the 23-year-old engineering post-graduate just for fun and had no other intention.
Kannur: This was one 'love affair' that did not have a happy ending. After professing love over a year over mobile phone, a 23-year-old engineering post-graduate had the shock of her life on seeing at their first meeting that her 'sweetheart' was a 67-year-old man.
The woman from Thiruvanathapuram had come the other day in search of the man she adored but broke down and fainted when she met him for the first time at the Kuthuparamaba police station, near here, police said.
Police said the woman had waited at the bus-stand for the man for long but he did not turn up. On seeing her roaming about, some local people informed police and she was brought to the station, police said. On questioning her, police came to know about her quest and obtained the mobile phone number of the person she had been looking for eagerly.
They contacted the 'lover' and asked him to come to the police station immediately. When the "boyfriend" finally turned up, she was shocked to find a grey-haired man, police said. The man, however, told police that he was speaking to her just for fun and had no other intention. Police later contacted her parents and sent her back home.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show