Pilots should refuse to fly in bad weather: Omar
The Pawan Hans helicopter carrying Khandu went missing on Saturday shortly after taking off from Tawang.
Srinagar: As the search continues for the missing helicopter carrying Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu, his Jammu and Kashmir counterpart Omar Abdullah has said pilots should not succumb to pressure from politicians to fly in bad weather.
"No, the pilot should refuse. Better to lose one's job than one's life. I hope in this case they are safe. General observation," Omar commented last night in microblogging site Twitter.
The chief minister was replying to a comment that there have been cases where pilots have complained of being pressurised by politicians to fly in bad weather.
"Lots of debate about single and twin engine choppers but if you insist on flying in bad weather, the number of engines makes no difference," Omar wrote in another tweet.
The Pawan Hans helicopter carrying Khandu and four others went missing on Saturday shortly after taking off from Tawang, 200 km from Arunachal Pradesh's capital Itanagar.
In an another related tweet, the Jammu and Kashmir chief minister said that he would not get a "millisecond" more than what "Allah has kept" for him.
"Oh I know I won't get a millisecond more than Allah has kept for me so I don't dwell on things like this and assassination attempts," Omar said on the micro-blogging site.
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Has India Changed The Rules Of Engagement With Pakistan On The LoC ?
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Philippine Leader Takes Thinly Veiled Dig at US
- Rock On 2 Trailer: Farhan, Shraddha, Arjun All Set to Bring Back Magik
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Nitish Kumar congratulates PM Modi, Indian Army for surgical strike across LoC - Pradesh18