Pinki files theft complaint against live-in partner
Pinki, accused of being a male and committing rape, sought police protection and filed a theft complaint against her live-in partner.
Kolkata: Asiad gold medallist runner Pinki Pramanik, accused of being a male and committing rape, on Sunday sought police protection and filed a theft complaint against her live-in partner on whose complaint she was arrested in West Bengal June 14.
"I was out of my house for almost a month and when I returned many of my belongings were missing so I have lodged a police complaint. I have also sought police protection," said Pramanik, who got bail after spending 26 days in judicial custody in North 24-Parganas district.
"We have received a complaint of theft from Pramanik and we are looking into the matter," said a police officer.
Pinki, who has denied all charges against her, was critical of the media saying that she was targeted despite being innocent.
"She (her live-in partner) ruined my life by making a false allegation and the media has been projecting her as a victim and targeting me. I am innocent. I am now feeling insecure and apprehensive about my safety and security," added Pinki.
Pinki was arrested on June 14 and remanded to judicial custody by a court the next day after the athlete's live-in partner, a divorcee and a mother of one, filed a police complaint accusing the sportsperson of being a male who repeatedly "raped and tortured" her.
The woman who had alleged Pinki of raping her filed a new case of criminal breach of trust against the former athlete July 13.
Several medical tests to determine Pinki's gender have been conducted and the reports of these tests have been submitted before a West Bengal court.
Pramanik, who retired from athletics three years ago, won gold in the 4x400 metres women relay at the 2006 Asian Games in Doha in Qatar. The runner was a silver medallist at the Melbourne Commonwealth Games the same year.
- Had Opposed MNS's Rs 5 Crore Demand in Meeting: Fadnavis
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- Dear Zindagi: SRK Asks Alia Bhatt to Crack Better Jokes in the New Teaser
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Controversy: Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis
- Samajwadi Party is United, No Rift Family: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Killed 24 Maoists
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps