Pinki Pramanik rejoins railways as ticket collector
Asian Games gold medallist Pinki Pramanik was accused of gender misrepresentation and rape by her live-in partner.
Kolkata: Asian Games gold medallist Pinki Pramanik, who was accused of gender misrepresentation and rape by her live-in partner, has rejoined her duty at the Sealdah Railway Station after the Eastern Railway revoked her suspension.
The former middle-distance runner, who had got a relay gold at the Doha 2006 Asiad, on Thursday rejoined as a ticket collector in the station.
"I feel relieved after the trauma which I had gone through. I am thankful to the Railways for reinstating me...I had appealed to get back the job on August 8 and I got the order immediately. I joined work yesterday," Pinki said in Kolkata on Thursday.
She said her co-workers at the Railways were supportive and showing tremendous respect and that many people were taking pictures with her.
An Eastern Railway official said the suspension was revoked after she submitted the copy of her bail order.
"As per the central government rule, one is deemed to be suspended after 48 hours of custody. But after getting a bail, she appealed and the suspension was revoked," he said.
- Aamir Wanted to Play Max in Josh but I Had SRK in Mind: Mansoor Khan
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Aamir Khan Loves Reading Film Books
- FBI, Homeland Security to Probe Cyber Attacks That Disrupted Twitter, Reddit, Spotify
- Samajwadi Party Meeting Turns Into Family Drama After Akhilesh and Shivpal Spar In Public
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Mulayam Backs Amar, Shivpal; Meet Ends in Acrimony
- Mulayam Vs Akhilesh: Old Values Vs New Thinking