Pipili case: No evidence of rape, say police
The 19-year-old girl is in coma ever since she was allegedly raped and faced a murder bid on November 28, 2011.
New Delhi: The crime branch of Odisha Police probing the sensational Pipili Dalit rape case has filed a chargesheet on Saturday. The chargesheet says the arrested prime accused attempted to murder the victim but there is no evidence of rape.
The crime branch earlier submitted a medical examination report prepared by experts from AIIMS to the Orissa High Court.
Submitting the report in a sealed cover, the government advocate prayed that since the case is under investigation, the contents of the AIIMS report may not be made public now lest it hamper further probe.
The police also submitted a five-page report detailing the status of investigation into the case till date to the high court, which is monitoring the probe on a regular basis.
The crime branch which took up the case after over seven weeks of the reported incident had requisitioned the services of AIIMS doctors comprising forensic and medicine toxicology and gynaecology experts having knowledge of DNA studies.
The experts team had examined the victim at SCB Medical College Hospital, Cuttack late last month before making an on the spot visit to the girl's native village at Arjungoda in Pipili of Puri district.
The superintendent of SCB Medical College and Hospital submitted a health status report of the rape victim to the high court stating that there has been no significant improvement in her condition.
The 19-year-old girl is in coma ever since she was allegedly raped and faced a murder bid on November 28, 2011 and is under treatment at the hospital for nearly a month following a direction from the high court.
A team of doctors drawn from at least five departments is keeping a close watch of the girl who is now in the intensive care unit.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, who went to the hospital during the day to meet hooch tragedy victims also visited the girl and discussed with the doctors regarding her treatment.
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Happy That Censor Board is Standing by Us to Release 31st October: Vir Das
- Richa Chadha, Vir Das Starrer Raakh's Teaser to Release on Dussehra
- Vir Das Becomes the First Indian to Get His Own Netflix Comedy Special
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Watch: Talking point With Arunoday Mukharji