Pipili rape victim may not recover fully: Doctor
The 19-year-old Pipili gangrape victim has remote possibility of recovering fully despite treatment.
Cuttack: The 19-year-old Pipili gangrape victim has remote possibility of recovering fully despite treatment, an expert has said after examining her at a hospital in Cuttack.
"Although appropriate treatment is now being provided to the girl at the hospital here, she has remote chances of getting fully cured," Bhabani Shankar Das, former director of National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (Nimhans), said.
He made the observation after examining her and perusing her clinical examination reports in the SCB Medical College Hospital in Cuttack.
"I am given to understand that the incident took place more than seven weeks ago and the improvement shown by the patient till date is not satisfactory. She is opening her eyes a little but there is no movement of her limbs. This is due to lack of oxygen in her brain," Das said.
The hospital authority had sought the service of Das for consultation. The hospital is also in touch with AIIMS, New Delhi.
Recommended For You
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology