Pipli case: NCSC steps in, summons Odisha officials
National Commission for Schedule Caste officials in Odisha said the Commission has asked DGP, SP and DM to appear before it on March 12.
New Delhi: Taking serious note of the rape case of Odisha's Puri District where the victim slipped into coma after being treated for snake bite, National Commission for Schedule Caste (NCSC) has issued a notice to senior state and district officials to appear before them and submit an "action taken report" in the matter.
"We have issued a notice to Odisha's Director General of Police and the SP and DM of Puri District to submit an ATR in the alleged rape case of a Dalit girl in November last year," NCSC Chairman PL Puniya told PTI.
The 19-year-old girl was found in a semi-naked and unconscious condition in a paddy field in Arjungada village under the Pipili police station in Puri district on November 28 last year.
"She was transfered from one hospital to another without proper medical check-up, and was later administered anti-venom medicine following which she slipped into coma," Puniya said.
"We have asked DGP, SP and DM as why no action has not yet been taken in the case," he added.
Puniya also mentioned that such cases are rampant in various backward districts of Odisha.
NCSC officials in Odisha said the Commission has asked DGP, SP and DM to appear before it on March 12.
The state government had ordered a judicial probe into the incident and a team of the National Commission for Women (NCW) probed into the incident.
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Alternate Dispute Resolution Ecosystem, a National Priority: PM Modi
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM
- PM Modi Leads Accolades as India Celebrate Kabaddi World Cup Triumph
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- I'm a Gujarati at Heart, Says President Pranab Mukherjee
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: A Brief Profile of the 4 Ministers Sacked by Akhilesh