Pipli case: NCSC steps in, summons Odisha officials
National Commission for Schedule Caste officials in Odisha said the Commission has asked DGP, SP and DM to appear before it on March 12.
New Delhi: Taking serious note of the rape case of Odisha's Puri District where the victim slipped into coma after being treated for snake bite, National Commission for Schedule Caste (NCSC) has issued a notice to senior state and district officials to appear before them and submit an "action taken report" in the matter.
"We have issued a notice to Odisha's Director General of Police and the SP and DM of Puri District to submit an ATR in the alleged rape case of a Dalit girl in November last year," NCSC Chairman PL Puniya told PTI.
The 19-year-old girl was found in a semi-naked and unconscious condition in a paddy field in Arjungada village under the Pipili police station in Puri district on November 28 last year.
"She was transfered from one hospital to another without proper medical check-up, and was later administered anti-venom medicine following which she slipped into coma," Puniya said.
"We have asked DGP, SP and DM as why no action has not yet been taken in the case," he added.
Puniya also mentioned that such cases are rampant in various backward districts of Odisha.
NCSC officials in Odisha said the Commission has asked DGP, SP and DM to appear before it on March 12.
The state government had ordered a judicial probe into the incident and a team of the National Commission for Women (NCW) probed into the incident.
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 1st Test: Vijay, Pujara Put India in Command Against NZ on Day 3
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18