Dubai: measures to combat pirates discussed
A proposal to increase military presence in waters of Somalia, Gulf Of Aden and Indian Ocean, was also discussed.
Dubai: The two-day anti-piracy meet in Dubai discussed measures to combat Somali pirate attacks.
The panel discussed proposals to increase military presence in waters of Somalia, Gulf Of Aden and Indian Ocean.
The proposal of shadow pirate mother ships controlled to monitor activities and engage if there are any moves to attack , was also made in the meeting.
The panel also proposed that all ship owners and operators should submit timely information on piracy attacks to the control centre and the Military Control Centre should coordinate between Naval vessels, monitor pirate mother ships and inform the industry.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets