DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Piravom: EC rejects 6 nominations
KOCHI: The Election Commission (EC) on Thursday rejected the nomination papers of six candidates for the March 17 Piravom byelecti..
KOCHI: The Election Commission (EC) on Thursday rejected the nomination papers of six candidates for the March 17 Piravom byelection, which leaves only ten in the fray.
The final list of the candidates will be known only on March 3, the last date for withdrawing the nominations. The nomination of Anoop Jacob Pallithazhathu, the namesake of Anoop Jacob, was also rejected during the scrutiny process.
Anoop Jacob (Kerala Congress-Jacob), M J Jacob (CPM), Rajagopalan Nair (BJP), Suresh N T (All India Forward Block), Anie Jacob (KC-J), Salim (Socialist Republican Party), Bindu Haridas (Kerala Janapaksham) and independent candidates Krishnankutty, Arundhathi and Varghese Cherian are the candidates now left in the fray.
General observer Umakanth Panwar, Assistant Collector Bhandari Swagath Ranvir Chand and Assistant Returning Officer M Aravindakshan Nair were present among others during the time of scrutiny.
There is a total of 1,83,170 voters in Piravom, of which 93,146 are women.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan