Pirelli asks F1 teams to respect tyre requirements
Ahead of the German Grand Prix, Pirelli has asked teams to ensure safety by strictly respecting tyre operation requirements.
Nuerburgring, Germany: With some of the leading Formula One drivers threatening to boycott the German Grand Prix if tyre blowouts persist, Pirelli has asked the teams to ensure safety by strictly respecting tyre operation requirements.
The tyre supplier wants all teams to remain within the prescribed pressure limits and to stop switching tyres from left to right and vice versa.
The International Automobile Federation said on Friday it was the responsibility of each team to comply with the requirements.
Late Thursday, the Grand Prix Drivers' Association said the drivers would pull out if tyre problems persist in Germany.
The tyre problems became an issue at last week's British GP, when a number of cars sustained blowouts, leading drivers to express concern for the safety of themselves, stewards and fans.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- Top T20I Bowler Imran Tahir Has No Takers in IPL Auction