DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Pirelli asks F1 teams to respect tyre requirements
Ahead of the German Grand Prix, Pirelli has asked teams to ensure safety by strictly respecting tyre operation requirements.
Nuerburgring, Germany: With some of the leading Formula One drivers threatening to boycott the German Grand Prix if tyre blowouts persist, Pirelli has asked the teams to ensure safety by strictly respecting tyre operation requirements.
The tyre supplier wants all teams to remain within the prescribed pressure limits and to stop switching tyres from left to right and vice versa.
The International Automobile Federation said on Friday it was the responsibility of each team to comply with the requirements.
Late Thursday, the Grand Prix Drivers' Association said the drivers would pull out if tyre problems persist in Germany.
The tyre problems became an issue at last week's British GP, when a number of cars sustained blowouts, leading drivers to express concern for the safety of themselves, stewards and fans.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Challenge is to Not Think About Defending Title, Says Virat Kohli