Pirelli tires working well for Force India
"Everybody talks about Pirelli tire problems, but it is a good tire, we saw that in Canada," said Adrian Sutil.
This year Pirelli tires are in the headlines for more wrong reasons than right, but for Force India, the tires have worked out well so far. The team put up a rather eventful performance at the Canadian Grand Prix with both their drivers, Paul di Resta and Adrian Sutil, earning points at Montreal.
In Canada the pair finished seventh and 10th, earning some useful points and extending the advantage over McLaren in the constructors' championship, in which the team currently sits a solid fifth. Di Resta, who finished seventh from 17th on the grid, used prime medium compound tires at the start running 56-laps with it before switching to supersofts for the finish.
"I think we knew that on the medium tire, the car was working well. The easy decision was to start with that. But we had no long run data - there was no high fuel running - so we were going into the race completely blind. To do 56 laps on a set was encouraging, and I was really happy to score points," Paul was quoted as saying by www.forceindiaf1.com.
Teammate Sutil too backed the tires stating, "Paul's pace was good and it just shows we don't have a tire problem," Sutil told Autosport. "Everybody talks about Pirelli tire problems, but it is a good tire, we saw that in Canada.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology