Pirelli to have two three-day tests on tyres: Bernie Ecclestone
Bernie says Pirelli will be allowed to run two three-day tests in a bid to resolve the tyre blowouts that affected four drivers in the British GP.
London: Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone says Pirelli will be allowed to run two three-day tests in a bid to resolve the tyre blowouts that affected four drivers in the British Grand Prix on Sunday.
Bernie Ecclestone says he has spoken to FIA president Jean Todt, who has agreed the tyre manufacturer can undertake unrestricted tests. The date for the tests has yet to be worked out.
Ecclestone told Britain's Press Association that Todt said "'Let them test.'"
Ecclestone says "they can use what they like. No restrictions. None at all, so they can do what they want."
Four drivers, including then-race leader Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes and Felipe Massa of Ferrari, had their tyres burst during the race. Pirelli said Sunday it was investigating the incidents.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models