Pirelli to sell HRT F1 car in a charity auction
Pirelli acquired the engine-less car last season after the Spanish-based tail-enders folded with debts still outstanding.
Manama: Pirelli are planning to sell off a 2011 HRT Formula One car in a charity auction on eBay because nobody in the Italian tyre company wants to use it for promotional purposes. Pirelli acquired the engine-less car last season after the Spanish-based tail-enders folded with debts still outstanding.
The tyremaker had intended to repaint it in their black and yellow colours and put it on display at dealerships and company events. "There doesn't seem to be a lot of enthusiasm, it's a bit of a shame really," Pirelli motorsport director Paul Hembery told Reuters at the Bahrain Grand Prix on Saturday.
"Our marketing department said nobody seems to want to use it. So I said let's put it on eBay for charity. We're trying to find a category on eBay for an F1 car and we'll probably run it (the auction) for quite a few months to see what money we can raise for charity," he added.
Five other HRT cars, also without engines or gearboxes, were bought for re-sale by a Spanish auto breaker in February. HRT's drivers in 2011 were Indian Narain Karthikeyan, Australian Daniel Ricciardo and Italian Vitantonio Liuzzi.
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Delhi Zoo Shuts Down Amid Bird Flu Scare
- Gauhar Khan Joins Badrinath Ki Dulhania Cast
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259