DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
PJ Thomas resigns as CVC after SC order
CVC PJ Thomas resigned after the Supreme Court held his appointment as illegal.
New Delhi: Central Vigilance Commissioner PJ Thomas resigned after the Supreme Court held his appointment as illegal, Law Minister M Veerappa Moily said on Thursday.
"He has resigned...the Supreme Court has also held his appointment as illegal," Moily told reporters here.
To a question on the apex court's rap on the government on Thomas' appointment, Moily said, "We respect the judgement. Other details we won't be able to say because we are yet to go through the judgement."
Shortly after the Supreme Court's verdict on Thomas, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh met Moily to discuss the issue.
Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy was also present.
After a brief meeting with the Prime Minister, Moily and Narayanasamy met Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee.
Recommended For You
- Dangal All Set To Beat Baahubali 2 At The Box Office, Earns 1523 Cr Worldwide
- Sonam Kapoor Takes The Plunge In A Dreamy Gold Gown On Cannes Red Carpet
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pro Kabaddi League Auction: Nitin Tomar Becomes Highest Paid Player
- An Opportunity For Manchester United To Provide Healing Touch to Their City