Playboy's Goa plan face opposition from BJP MLA
He threatened to go on a hunger strike if the government grants permission to Playboy Club to open a branch in Goa.
Panaji: An MLA of the ruling BJP today threatened to go on a hunger strike if the Goa government grants permission to US-based Playboy Club to open a branch in the state.
"I am opposing this club anywhere in Goa. The department of tourism has already made up its mind to give them no-objection certificate," BJP's Michael Lobo, in whose constituency the club is proposed to be set up, told reporters here.
Lobo, who heads BJP's North District unit, threatened to go on a hunger strike if permission is granted to the Playboy Club to enter the state.
He claimed that Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar had assured that such a club would not be allowed in the state. Earlier in the day, Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar told the Goa Legislative Assembly that the proposal of Playboy's Indian franchisee to set up a club at Candolim beach was under consideration.
He, however, later told reporters that the club would not be allowed if it indulged in vulgarity.
Recommended For You
- Legal TroubleBigg Boss 10: Omji Maharaj Out of the House, To Appear Before Delhi Court
- EXCLUSIVE PICTURESSourav Ganguly - Dada of Gully Cricket
- Can't MissJolly LLB 2 First Look: Akshay Kumar is a 'Jolly Good' Middle Class Man
- Snapped!Virat-Anushka Are All Smiles As They Head Back From Yuvraj-Hazel Wedding
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet