DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Plea against Arasu Cable TV rejected
CHENNAI: The HC has rejected a plea from Kal Cables Private Limited (owned by Kalanidhi Maran) of Mylapore to restrain the TN Aras..
CHENNAI: The HC has rejected a plea from Kal Cables Private Limited (owned by Kalanidhi Maran) of Mylapore to restrain the TN Arasu Cable TV Corporation Limited in Nungambakkam from interfering with its peaceful running of cable TV service business. Advocate-General A Navaneethakrishnan was justified in contending that the petitioner was not operating in accordance with the rules of the TN Municipalities TV Cable Installation and Regulation Rules, Justice N Paul Vasanthakumar observed.
The judge was dismissing a writ plea from Kal Cables, represented by GM J Rajesh. The petitioner alleged that the government launched the corporation without necessary infrastructure of its own. The corporation, to distribute free channels, had illegally cut the cables laid down by the petitioner company and was using the same to distribute its channels.
The judge said that it was a well settled proposition of law that disputed question of facts could not be agitated in writ proceedings under Article 226 of the Constitution. Applying the decisions of the apex court, the judge opined that the writ petition was not maintainable.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835