Bombay HC to hear plea against 'anti-Islam' film
A Congress party member Ameen Mustafa Idrisi filed the petition seeking its removal from Google and YouTube.
Bombay: The Bombay High Court will on Monday hear a writ petition seeking a ban on the 'anti-Islam' film that is at the centre of a huge controversy currently. The film, 'Innocence of Muslims' by US director Sam Bacile purportedly shows Islam in bad light.
The movie, that went viral on the Internet, sparked violent protests in the Middle East and Asia, with Pakistan and some parts of India witnessing attacks on US embassies.
A Congress party member Ameen Mustafa Idrisi filed the petition seeking its removal from the Internet. The petition also sought action against Google CEO Larry Page and Chairman Eric Schmidt for letting the film stay online.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology