DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
PM condoles Dorjee Khandu's death
Dorjee Khandu's body was recovered by Army search parties on Thursday morning.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday expressed sadness over the tragic death of Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu, saying the late leader served the state with distinction and worked tirelessly to promote its interests.
Khandu was a veteran politician "who worked tirelessly to promote the interests of the state," Singh said in a condolence message to Rinchin Drema, wife of Khandu.
"Khandu worked hard for the development of Arunachal Pradesh and served the state with distinction after being appointed the 5th Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh in April 2007", the Prime Minister said.
The Chief Minister worked for the state's development with dynamism and energy, while holding a number of ministerial positions in the state government including power, he said.
"In his passing away, the state of Arunachal Pradesh and the country have lost an experienced and able leader who spent long years in dedicated public service," the Prime Minister said.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs
- Hardik Pandya Credits Rahul Dravid for His Meteoric Rise