PM hosts farewell dinner for Gen VK Singh
Army Chief General VK Singh is set to retire on May 31. He will be succeeded by Lt Gen Bikram Singh.
New Delhi: Prime minister Manmohan Singh today hosted a farewell dinner for Army Chief General VK Singh who retires on May 31. The dinner was attended by several senior ministers including Defence Minister AK Antony.
Earlier, Antony too had hosted a dinner for General VK Singh and his wife Bharati Singh on May 23.
Gen Singh's last major function would be the National Defence Academy passing out parade on May 30 in Khadakvasla near Pune. A day later, he will hand over the reins of the Army to Lt Gen Bikram Singh on May 31 afternoon.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- Top T20I Bowler Imran Tahir Has No Takers in IPL Auction