PM hosts farewell dinner for Gen VK Singh
Army Chief General VK Singh is set to retire on May 31. He will be succeeded by Lt Gen Bikram Singh.
New Delhi: Prime minister Manmohan Singh today hosted a farewell dinner for Army Chief General VK Singh who retires on May 31. The dinner was attended by several senior ministers including Defence Minister AK Antony.
Earlier, Antony too had hosted a dinner for General VK Singh and his wife Bharati Singh on May 23.
Gen Singh's last major function would be the National Defence Academy passing out parade on May 30 in Khadakvasla near Pune. A day later, he will hand over the reins of the Army to Lt Gen Bikram Singh on May 31 afternoon.
- People Celebrated Choti Diwali After Surgical Strikes, says PM Modi
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- PM Modi Bats for Women's Rights, Wants Practice of Triple Talaq to go
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Amar Singh Got Akhilesh Story Planted in Newspaper: Ashu Malik
- SP's Abu Azmi Lashes Out at Amar Singh, Blames him For Crisis in Party
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like if it Splits