DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
PM hosts farewell dinner for Gen VK Singh
Army Chief General VK Singh is set to retire on May 31. He will be succeeded by Lt Gen Bikram Singh.
New Delhi: Prime minister Manmohan Singh today hosted a farewell dinner for Army Chief General VK Singh who retires on May 31. The dinner was attended by several senior ministers including Defence Minister AK Antony.
Earlier, Antony too had hosted a dinner for General VK Singh and his wife Bharati Singh on May 23.
Gen Singh's last major function would be the National Defence Academy passing out parade on May 30 in Khadakvasla near Pune. A day later, he will hand over the reins of the Army to Lt Gen Bikram Singh on May 31 afternoon.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan