DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Husain's death a national loss: PM
Ambika Soni also condoled Husain's death saying he was always a citizen of India.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday condoled noted Indian painter Maqbool Fida Husain's death, saying his death is a national loss for India.
Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni also condoled the noted painter's death and said that he was always an eminent and respectable citizen of Indian.
Congress spokesperson Jayanthi Natarajan called Husain's death a huge loss to the nation as he represented the resurgence of Indian art.
BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said, "Husain was a great artist. India has lost a renowned artist today."
Celebrated Indian artist MF Husain, who earned fame and controversy over his paintings, died in a London hospital on Thursday. He was 95.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017