Husain's death a national loss: PM
Ambika Soni also condoled Husain's death saying he was always a citizen of India.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday condoled noted Indian painter Maqbool Fida Husain's death, saying his death is a national loss for India.
Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni also condoled the noted painter's death and said that he was always an eminent and respectable citizen of Indian.
Congress spokesperson Jayanthi Natarajan called Husain's death a huge loss to the nation as he represented the resurgence of Indian art.
BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said, "Husain was a great artist. India has lost a renowned artist today."
Celebrated Indian artist MF Husain, who earned fame and controversy over his paintings, died in a London hospital on Thursday. He was 95.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game