PM Manmohan Singh feeling better, talks to aides
Home-made food, physiotherapy and cardiac rehab are being provided.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is making steady progress after his heart surgery and is now moving freely in his hospital room, doctors said on Wednesday.
"Manmohan Singh continues to make steady progress. The Prime Minister had a restful night and is now in a routine care environment. All catheters have been removed and he is moving freely in his room," said a bulletin from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
Doctors said Manmohan Singh was on regular diet with home-made meals. Physiotherapy and cardiac rehabilitation were being provided to him.
"The Prime Minister read the newspapers today morning and held discussions with his aides. He also enquired about the funeral arrangements being made for former president R Venkataraman," the bulletin said.
President Pratibha Patil visited Manmohan Singh and spent about 15 minutes at AIIMS. She met his wife Gursharan Kaur as the Prime Minister was resting then, said a Rashtrapati Bhavan official.
"(Patil) took a bouquet to wish the prime minister speedy recovery," the official said.
Manmohan Singh's personal physician KS Reddy told IANS that the Prime Minister was recuperating and may be discharged by this weekend.
Manmohan Singh underwent multiple bypass surgery at AIIMS Saturday to remove five arterial blockages.
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Akhilesh Targeted By Stepmother, Black Magic Used: SP MLC
- BSF Says 7 Pakistani Rangers, Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border, Pak Denies
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in Kathua District, 1 BSF Jawan Injured
- Search Operations in Baramulla for the Second Time
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18