PM Manmohan Singh feeling better, talks to aides
Home-made food, physiotherapy and cardiac rehab are being provided.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is making steady progress after his heart surgery and is now moving freely in his hospital room, doctors said on Wednesday.
"Manmohan Singh continues to make steady progress. The Prime Minister had a restful night and is now in a routine care environment. All catheters have been removed and he is moving freely in his room," said a bulletin from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
Doctors said Manmohan Singh was on regular diet with home-made meals. Physiotherapy and cardiac rehabilitation were being provided to him.
"The Prime Minister read the newspapers today morning and held discussions with his aides. He also enquired about the funeral arrangements being made for former president R Venkataraman," the bulletin said.
President Pratibha Patil visited Manmohan Singh and spent about 15 minutes at AIIMS. She met his wife Gursharan Kaur as the Prime Minister was resting then, said a Rashtrapati Bhavan official.
"(Patil) took a bouquet to wish the prime minister speedy recovery," the official said.
Manmohan Singh's personal physician KS Reddy told IANS that the Prime Minister was recuperating and may be discharged by this weekend.
Manmohan Singh underwent multiple bypass surgery at AIIMS Saturday to remove five arterial blockages.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show