PM Modi calls for creating 'Swachhta Entrepreneurs'
"Can we create Swachhata entrepreneurs. There is immense scope in solid waste management and waste water treatment,
Mumbai: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday called upon banks to create one lakh "Swachhta Entrepreneurs" within a year, to make the "Swachh Bharat" vision a sustainable reality.
"Can we create Swachhata entrepreneurs. There is immense scope in solid waste management and waste water treatment," Modi said in his address on the occasion of the dedication of ICICI's Digital Village to the nation.
The function also marked 60 years of the ICICI group.
About Akodara in Gujarat's Sabarkantha district, chosen by ICICI Bank as a 'Digital Village', Modi said it had a cattle hostel, which had contributed immensely to improving incomes and cleanliness in the village.
"There are people from a village in Sabarkantha who have joined us. This village is unique because it also has a cattle hostel," he said.
He said more and more villages across India would adopt this model soon.
Recommended For You
- Steven Smith Doesn't Want Captaincy Tips From MS Dhoni
- Ashwin Says March 30 Will be Remembered as 'World Apology Day'
- Films That Prove Nagesh Kukunoor is The Ultimate Storyteller of His Own Genre
- Alia, Anushka, Kangana And Priyanka Have This One Thing In Common
- Samsung Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Launched, Shipping Starts April 21