Opposition Didn't Cooperate Despite PM Modi's Presence in RS: Naidu
Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Rajya Sabha/TV Grab
New Delhi: Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu on Thursday said that despite the fact that Prime Minister Narendra Modi remained seated in the Rajya Sabha, Opposition didn't cooperate and created an uproar.
Naidu said the Congress party didn't want any debate to take place, they are shying away from it.
PM Modi remained seated in the Rajya Sabha even during an adjournment of 15 minutes as members from various political parties, including some from the Opposition, were seen going to his seat to exchange pleasantries or for a chit-chat.
Amid Opposition demand for the presence of Modi through the debate on demonetisation, the Prime Minister reached the Upper House shortly before the Question Hour at 1200 hours. Questions relating to Prime Minister's Office were listed to be taken up on Thursday.
However, the House was adjourned after about 15 minutes till 1229 hours.
Cinestar-turned politician Jaya Bachchan (SP) went to the Prime Minister and was seen exchanging pleasantries. She was followed by AIADMK members and a Left MP.
Renowned boxer and member Mary Kom was also seen discussing certain things with Modi.
As members kept meeting him, there were some lighter moments too, as the Prime Minister was seen smiling at times.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 vs OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What Difference to Expect?
- Mithali Raj Shatters World Record, Slams 7th Consecutive ODI Fifty
- Jagga Jasoos: Katrina, Ranbir Look Adorable in the New Song Jhumritalaiyya
- Hockey World League: India Thrash Pak 6-1, to Face Canada in 5th-6th Playoff
- Watch: Tubelight Kid Matin Rey Tangu's Adorable Audition Footage