PM Modi Welcomes Putin to India Ahead of Bilateral Summit, BRICS
File photo of Russian President Vladimir Putin (PHOTO: REUTERS)
Benaulim: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday welcomed Russian President Vladimir Putin to India ahead of bilateral summit and BRICS heads of states meet in Goa.
Modi on twitter greeted Putin, who arrived here early Saturday morning, saying: "India welcomes you, President Putin! Wishing you a fruitful visit. @KremlinRussia_E."
India welcomes you, President Putin! Wishing you a fruitful India visit. @KremlinRussia_E
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) October 15, 2016
Putin later on Saturday will participate in an India-Russia bilateral meeting and the BRICS Summit, which is scheduled to take place at a south Goa resort here.
Putin is expected to sign agreements on a wide range of issues ranging from defence to agriculture.
The President has been accompanied by top bureaucrats from the Defence, Energy, Trade and Industries ministry.
Modi and Putin via video conference will also participate in foundation-laying ceremony of the third and fourth power units at the Kundakulam nuclear power plant.
The two leaders are expected to hold discussions over lunch and issue a formal statement to the media following the summit.
Recommended For You
- Bharat Stage 'BS' Emission Norms Explained, What Does it Mean and How Does it Impact You
- Samsung Galaxy S8 vs Samsung Galaxy S8+: What's The Difference?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Black) Review: The Perfect Phone at Rs 12,999
- Samsung Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Launched, Shipping Starts From April 21, 2017
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?