PM Modi Welcomes Putin to India Ahead of Bilateral Summit, BRICS
File photo of Russian President Vladimir Putin (PHOTO: REUTERS)
Benaulim: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday welcomed Russian President Vladimir Putin to India ahead of bilateral summit and BRICS heads of states meet in Goa.
Modi on twitter greeted Putin, who arrived here early Saturday morning, saying: "India welcomes you, President Putin! Wishing you a fruitful visit. @KremlinRussia_E."
India welcomes you, President Putin! Wishing you a fruitful India visit. @KremlinRussia_E
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) October 15, 2016
Putin later on Saturday will participate in an India-Russia bilateral meeting and the BRICS Summit, which is scheduled to take place at a south Goa resort here.
Putin is expected to sign agreements on a wide range of issues ranging from defence to agriculture.
The President has been accompanied by top bureaucrats from the Defence, Energy, Trade and Industries ministry.
Modi and Putin via video conference will also participate in foundation-laying ceremony of the third and fourth power units at the Kundakulam nuclear power plant.
The two leaders are expected to hold discussions over lunch and issue a formal statement to the media following the summit.
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3
- Amitabh Bachchan Celebrates His Birthday With the Team of Pink
- Rani Mukerji, Kajol, Ranbir Kapoor Step Out In Style For Durga Puja Celebrations
- For Us, Indian Movies Were Big B Running Around in His Glasses: Tom Hanks
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers