PM, Sonia Gandhi could visit Arunachal
The crisis management committee began preparations for receiving CM Dorjee Khandu's body.
Itanagar: UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh could arrive in Itanagar to pay their last respects to Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu, Union minister for development of north eastern region BK Handique said on Wednesday.
Handique told reporters that they were being apprised of developments from time to time and might arrive in Itanagar honouring the sentiments of the state's people.
Asked about new the leadership, he said the party leaders were aware of it and the decision would be announced at the appropriate time.
Meanwhile, the crisis management committee began preparations here for receiving Khandu's body.
The committee headed by principal secretary to the chief minister Yeshi Tsering was constituted to supervise rescue and search operation for Khandu's chopper that went missing on Saturday with four others also on board.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models