PM to announce science and technology policy at congress
Former President APJ Abdul Kalam would inaugurate the Children's Science Congress coinciding with the main event.
Kolkata: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will announce the country's fourth science and technology policy at the inaugural session of the Indian Science Congress beginning in Kolkata from Thursday.
Giving the information, West Bengal Governor and chairman of the host committee of the Indian Science Congress MK Narayanan said that President Pranab Mukherjee would inaugurate the five-day meet which would be attended by a host of foreign delegates, Nobel laureates and Indian scientists.
Former President of India APJ Abdul Kalam would inaugurate the Children's Science Congress coinciding with the main event, the Governor said at a news conference in Kolkata on Thursday.
Secretary with the Department of Science and Technology T Ramasami said that the Prime Minister would announce the country's fourth Science and Technology policy which had been formulated after a series of discussion with various stakeholders and noted it was not a mere government affair only.
He said that the policy was approved by the Cabinet on December 26, 2012.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right