PMO Took Mulayam Into Confidence Before Army Action: Amar Singh
A file picture of Mulayam and Amar Singh. (Photo: Getty Images)
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Amar Singh on Monday claimed that party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav was taken into confidence about the cross-border surgical strikes by the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) before the operation was carried out.
"Prime Minister ke yahan se phone aaya tha, sabko vishwas me liya tha... Mulayam ji ko phone karke bataya (The PMO had called up, took everyone into confidence and informed Mulayam Singh about the strikes)," the Samajwadi Party (leader) said.
"Mulayam-ji had assured full support to the government in the matter," Amar Singh added.
He said the surgical strikes would not have been possible without support from all quarters.
Some Samajwadi Party supporters had also put up hoardings in Uttar Pradesh, congratulating the army and Mulayam Singh Yadav over the surgical strikes, giving credit to the SP chief for apparently advising the government to conduct the strikes.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game
- Benched Wayne Rooney Happy to Celebrate League Cup Glory