PMO Took Mulayam Into Confidence Before Army Action: Amar Singh
A file picture of Mulayam and Amar Singh. (Photo: Getty Images)
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Amar Singh on Monday claimed that party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav was taken into confidence about the cross-border surgical strikes by the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) before the operation was carried out.
"Prime Minister ke yahan se phone aaya tha, sabko vishwas me liya tha... Mulayam ji ko phone karke bataya (The PMO had called up, took everyone into confidence and informed Mulayam Singh about the strikes)," the Samajwadi Party (leader) said.
"Mulayam-ji had assured full support to the government in the matter," Amar Singh added.
He said the surgical strikes would not have been possible without support from all quarters.
Some Samajwadi Party supporters had also put up hoardings in Uttar Pradesh, congratulating the army and Mulayam Singh Yadav over the surgical strikes, giving credit to the SP chief for apparently advising the government to conduct the strikes.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Virender Sehwag Accepts Commentary Challenge from Sunny Leone
- Andrew Tye Ruled of IPL 2017 With a Dislocated Shoulder
- Priyanka to Rajkummar: Bollywood Actors Who've Mastered Roles in Disguise
- Jennifer Lopez's Latest Outfit Proves There's No One As Bold As Her
- IPL 2017: SRH vs KKR - Star of the Match- David Warner